Monday 12 September 2011

Boots NEVER Go Out Of Style

Do I love boots?  YES.  Does the world love boots?  DOUBLE YES.  And by boots, I don't mean the pharmacy (another love of mine) but, rather, something everyone has worn for forever and ever and ever.  Seriously.  Even Robin Hood wore boots.  If he were real.  Here's proof: Robin and Little John rockin' booties. You're welcome.

As for the more recent history, we'll start in America: for the past few years, it seems that hooker/witch boots were in style with serious pointed toes and #2 pencil graphite thick heels that towered past Babel.  I'll confess that I owned (still own) a pair that I will not picture here.  Thankfully, the women of Europe got wise ... and knew what the rest of the world needed: thicker heels, semi-loose fit through the leg, and cool metal accents.  When that style seriously hit the US, every woman's arches sighed in relief!  You mena we can be comfortable!?  YES!  

Thus was born my new shoe addiction.

Shown here are a pair of short boots by Gabriella Rocha.  


This pair was less than $50 (including the cool skull laces from Charming Charlie) on Zappos and even have a side zipper making it super easy to adjust any pants/socks/tights you might wear to complete your ensamble.  


To personalize these a bit more, I added the aforementioned skull laces from the boutique Charming Charlie and did realize that the laces are black and the boots are brown.  Who cares?  Regardless of what someone says about colors and seasons, I believe you should wear what you think looks good and, if you're confident, everyone will love it (or in my rent's situation, get used to it).


Finally, I want to talk about the heels: I am a firm believer that you don't have to break your back for beauty ... possibly go through a bit of pain, but never to the point of suffering.  I, like any girl, love what a good pair of heels can do to my lower half.  I just don't like what happens after a couple of hours of standing.  The moral of my story is: be reasonable to the situation and respect your body.  I personally believe that everyone should have some kind of heel or arch support.  It would probably change you're life!  If you mess-up your feet, like dominos, the rest of your body is hurt!  Example: if your arches are falling, to compensate, your body pulls your knees in and, since your knees are pulled in, your hips get pulled ... then the process goes up the rest of the way to your neck and you're buying stock in tylenol for the rest of your life.  Dont' let it get to that point!  


Live in comfort and shock with style.  My new words to live by :)


PS. Boots can last forever if you take care of them so make sure to polish (if you can) and, when the time comes, get your heels/soles repaired.  Who wants to toss their favorite boots when it takes half the price to make them look new again?  Seriously, think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment